After 25 years of marriage, Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie are getting a divorce as seen in a post by the Amazon boss on twitter.
— Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) January 9, 2019
Here are few things to know about the 54-years-old Jeff who is the world’s wealthiest man with an estimated wealth of $137 billion according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index.
1. Jeff was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico and raised in Houston Texas.
2. He was born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen on January 12, 1964.
3. He founded Amazon in his garage late 1994, the company started as an online book retailer.
4. He expanded Amazon to couple of product and services including video and audio streaming and currently the world’s largest online sales company.
5. Jeff met MacKenzie when he interviewed her for a job at hedge fund in New York.
6. MacKenzie and Jeff dated for three months before they got engaged and later got married in 1993.
7. Jeff is married with 4 children, three sons and a daughter (daughter was adopted).
8. Jeff and wife launched a charity project called ‘Day One Fund’ with $2 billion.
9. He was named the richest man in modern history after his net worth increased to $150 billion in July 2018.
10. Jeff is generous and loves creating and inventing.
Huawei To Build Two Data Centers In South Africa
China`s tech company, Huawei says it will build two data centers in South Africa from next month as part of plans to expand cloud services across Africa.
It says, the company is working with South African partners for the construction of the data centers in Johannesburg initially and later cape town.
Its cloud service will be available to organizations in South Africa as well as neighboring countries.
The Chinese firm, at the center of global security concerns, wants to challenge amazon, which is also expanding its presence in the emerging tech hub of cape town.
Facebook Removes Hundreds Of Accounts Engaged In “Inauthentic Behaviour”
Facebook said it has removed hundreds of accounts linked to spreading fake news and hate speech in Indonesian.
In efforts by Facebook Inc to prevent social network being misused in the build up to elections, 207 Facebook Pages, 800 Facebook accounts and 546 Facebook Groups accounts were removed for “engaging in coordinated inauthentic behavior.”
According to Reuters, Facebook’s head of Cybersecurity Policy, Nathaniel Gleicher said The accounts and pages were actively working to conceal what they were doing and were linked to the Saracen Group, “an online syndicate in Indonesia.”
“They have using deceptive messaging and… networks of concealed pages and accounts to drive often divisive narratives over key issues of public debates in Indonesia,” Gleicher said.
Volkswagen To Build Car Plant In Ethiopia
German car-maker Volkswagen have announced their plan to assemble cars in Ethiopia. The car-maker said in a statement that they will build a car plant and a training centre in the country. Many Ethiopians have found owning a car too expensive because of import taxes of up to 200%.
A 2014 Deloitte report, says Ethiopia has the world’s lowest rate of car ownership, with only two cars per a thousand inhabitants.
Volkswagen made the announcement in front of the German president as he visited the country.
- Indonesian Floods: Death Toll Rises To 89 March 19, 2019
- Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara Steps Down Over Alleged Sexual Misconduct Investigation Involving British Actress March 19, 2019
- Namibia: Group Wants Parliament To Ban Foreigners From Owning Land In The Country March 19, 2019
- Rivers Election: Nigerian Army, INEC Disunited Over Allegations Of Invasion March 19, 2019
- Building Housing At Least 80 Police Families Identified For Demolition In Lagos March 19, 2019
Education News5 days ago
JAMB Fixes April 11 For 2019 UTME
African News6 days ago
Trump Proposed Budget Deeply Cut Aid To Kenya
African News4 days ago
Cameroon: U.S. Official Calls On Cameroon To Release Opposition Leader
Nigerian News4 days ago
NNPC Awaits Order To Take Over OML From Shell
Business News6 days ago
Boeing Shares Continue To Slide As Countries Ground 737 MAX Planes
Sports News6 days ago
UCL: Cristiano Ronaldo Hat-Trick Gives Juventus Impressive Comeback Win Over Atletico Madrid
Sports News5 days ago
World Cup Expansion To Dominate FIFA Agenda In Miami
Sports News5 days ago
Tokyo 2020: IAAF Releases New Qualification System For Intending Athletes