US Will Not Suspend Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft After Ethiopia Crash – World News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

World News

US Will Not Suspend Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft After Ethiopia Crash

Published

on

US Will Not Suspend Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft After Ethiopia Plane Crash

The US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) says it will not suspend Boeing 737 MAX aircraft despite mounting pressure from senators and workers’ unions.

The FAA says its review showed “no systemic performance issues;” so, no basis for grounding the aircraft.

READ:  Ethiopia Flight Had "Unstable Vertical Speed" - Flight Tracking Site

An Ethiopian Airlines plane crashed on Sunday killing all 157 people on board, in the second fatal accident involving the 737 MAX 8 model in five months.

READ:  British Mining Firm To Compensate Mozambicans

Many countries and blocs have now grounded the aircraft.  Some have even banned the plane from their airspace.  The FAA says other civil aviation authorities had not provided data that would warrant the US grounding the aircraft.

READ:  15 Killed As Government Air Raids Hit Syria's Idlib

Canada is sticking with the U.S. and has not grounded the MAX 8.

World News

New Zealand To Confront Erdogan Over Christchurch Mosque Attack Comment

Published

on

By

New Zealand To Confront Erdogan Over Christchurch Mosque Shootings Comment

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has on Wednesday said that Foreign Minister Winston Peters would travel to Turkey to “confront” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on comments made concerning the Christchurch mosque shootings and over his decision to use footage of the Christchurch terrorist attack at his election rallies.

READ:  Attorney General Barr Preparing For Mueller Report

In the wake of the twin attacks, which saw 50 killed and dozens injured, Erdogan said Turkey would make the suspected attacker “pay for it” if New Zealand should do nothing about it.

READ:  South Carolina Shooting Leaves One Officer Dead, Four Injured - Local Media

The first burials of victims from the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand were held on Wednesday, five days after fifty persons were gunned down at two mosques in the city.

The bodies of 30 victims had been approved for release to be reunited with their families, Ardern said.

READ:  US Senators Say Saudi Crown Prince Has Gone "Full Gangster"

Burials for the victims began on Wednesday morning amid aggravation over the delay, as under Islam bodies are usually buried within 24 hours.

Continue Reading

World News

Britain’s Theresa May Writes EU To Delay Brexit Till June

Published

on

By

Britain's Theresa May Writes EU To Delay Brexit Till June

British Prime Minister, Theresa May, has beaten the Thursday deadline for requesting a Brexit extension from the European Union.  She requested an extension till June.  The request for extension is necessary because the country will not be ready to leave by the original divorce date of March the 29th.   In fact, the country is now much further away from being ready.

READ:  'Trumpaganda' Now A Course In US University

Speaker of the House, John Bercow, has ruled that Prime Minister may cannot present her deal for another vote unless there is a significant change in it.  That ruling has brought a Brexit that was teetering and limping to a standstill.

READ:  Countries Ground Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft After Ethiopian Airline Crash

At the moment, British law says its membership of the EU will end on March the 29th regardless of whether there is a deal in place.

All eyes will be on a pivotal summit of the European council on Thursday during which European leaders could discuss may’s extension request.  The EU may decide to grant the extension till June, or it could propose years.

READ:  Italy To Accept 47 Rescued Refugees And Migrants Disembark From Vessel

Continue Reading

World News

New Zealand: Families Bury Victims From Christchurch Attack

Published

on

By

New Zealand: Families Bury Victims From Christchurch Attack

The first burials of victims from the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand were held on Wednesday, five days after fifty persons were gunned down at two mosques in the city.

READ:  Attorney General Barr Preparing For Mueller Report

Thirteen bodies were released by Wednesday afternoon.  Police authorities say most of the rest of the corpses will be released by the evening.

Prime Minister, Jacinda Adern, says she “shared the frustration” of the families who had not been able to bury their loved ones.

READ:  FG Bans Boeing 737 MAX-8 Aircraft In Nigeria

Eight victims remain in critical condition in intensive care.  Twenty-nine persons overall are still in Christchurch hospital receiving treatment for injuries sustained during the mass shootings.

READ:  South Carolina Shooting Leaves One Officer Dead, Four Injured - Local Media

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: