Woman, 83, Admits Stabbing Husband To Death In Their Home – World News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

World News

Woman, 83, Admits Stabbing Husband To Death In Their Home

Published

on

Woman, 83, Admits Stabbing Husband To Death In Their Home

An 83-year-old woman has on Thursday pleaded guilty to stabbing to death her 85-year-old husband at their South Yorkshire home.

Marjorie Grayson admitted to manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility at Sheffield Crown Court this morning. A court heard she was reportedly suffering from “temporary dementia” when she killed her spouse.

Mr Grayson was found with a stab injury at the home the couple shared in Handsworth, Sheffield, in September last year and was tragically pronounced dead at the scene.

She had been charged with his murder but prosecutors accepted her plea to manslaughter following medical reports. Grayson will be sentenced in April.

READ:  Lights back On In Indonesian Quake City, But Fate Of Thousands Unknown
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

World News

New Zealand To Confront Erdogan Over Christchurch Mosque Attack Comment

Published

on

By

New Zealand To Confront Erdogan Over Christchurch Mosque Shootings Comment

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has on Wednesday said that Foreign Minister Winston Peters would travel to Turkey to “confront” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on comments made concerning the Christchurch mosque shootings and over his decision to use footage of the Christchurch terrorist attack at his election rallies.

READ:  Gabon Oil Union Begins 3-day Strike

In the wake of the twin attacks, which saw 50 killed and dozens injured, Erdogan said Turkey would make the suspected attacker “pay for it” if New Zealand should do nothing about it.

READ:  Stocks Crumble As Global Growth, U.S. Earnings Fears Spook Markets

The first burials of victims from the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand were held on Wednesday, five days after fifty persons were gunned down at two mosques in the city.

The bodies of 30 victims had been approved for release to be reunited with their families, Ardern said.

READ:  President Buhari Elected Chairperson Of ECOWAS

Burials for the victims began on Wednesday morning amid aggravation over the delay, as under Islam bodies are usually buried within 24 hours.

Continue Reading

World News

Britain’s Theresa May Writes EU To Delay Brexit Till June

Published

on

By

Britain's Theresa May Writes EU To Delay Brexit Till June

British Prime Minister, Theresa May, has beaten the Thursday deadline for requesting a Brexit extension from the European Union.  She requested an extension till June.  The request for extension is necessary because the country will not be ready to leave by the original divorce date of March the 29th.   In fact, the country is now much further away from being ready.

READ:  Confirmed Ebola Cases Rise To 13 In DRC's Latest Outbreak

Speaker of the House, John Bercow, has ruled that Prime Minister may cannot present her deal for another vote unless there is a significant change in it.  That ruling has brought a Brexit that was teetering and limping to a standstill.

READ:  Lights back On In Indonesian Quake City, But Fate Of Thousands Unknown

At the moment, British law says its membership of the EU will end on March the 29th regardless of whether there is a deal in place.

All eyes will be on a pivotal summit of the European council on Thursday during which European leaders could discuss may’s extension request.  The EU may decide to grant the extension till June, or it could propose years.

READ:  WHO Expects More Ebola Cases In Congo, Can't Reach No-go Areas

Continue Reading

World News

New Zealand: Families Bury Victims From Christchurch Attack

Published

on

By

New Zealand: Families Bury Victims From Christchurch Attack

The first burials of victims from the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand were held on Wednesday, five days after fifty persons were gunned down at two mosques in the city.

READ:  South African Airways Set To Receive Another Bailout

Thirteen bodies were released by Wednesday afternoon.  Police authorities say most of the rest of the corpses will be released by the evening.

Prime Minister, Jacinda Adern, says she “shared the frustration” of the families who had not been able to bury their loved ones.

READ:  Ethiopia Reforms: Prisons Chief Fired, Three Groups Taken Off Terror List

Eight victims remain in critical condition in intensive care.  Twenty-nine persons overall are still in Christchurch hospital receiving treatment for injuries sustained during the mass shootings.

READ:  Stocks Crumble As Global Growth, U.S. Earnings Fears Spook Markets

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: