Ben Affleck Checks Into Rehab After Jennifer Garner Intervenes – Entertainment News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

Entertainment News

Ben Affleck Checks Into Rehab After Jennifer Garner Intervenes

Published

on

Ben Affleck

Ben Affleck has checked into rehab, after reportedly turning to estranged wife Jennifer Garner for help.

Jennifer was photographed arriving at the Batman actor’s home in the Pacific Palisades with an unidentified woman on Wednesday around 18:00, E! News reports.

The Love, Simon actress is reported to have staged an intervention before rushing Ben to a The Canyon Treatment Centre in Malibu.

READ:  Ruby Rose Deletes Twitter Account After Batwoman Backlash

Ben and Jen announced their separation in a joint statement July 2015. The estranged couple have however, not yet finalised their divorce.

According to People magazine, Ben has been binge drinking since Monday. He was spotted receiving an alcohol delivery outside his home at the start of the week.

READ:  Dakar Film Festival Attracts International Attention

Ben’s relapse comes after the actor and his Saturday Night Live producer girlfriend, Lindsay Shookus quietly ended their relationship.

A few short days after the reported breakup, the 46-year-old was spotted on numerous dates with 22-year-old playboy model, Shauna Sexton.

This will be Ben’s third stint in rehab. In Mach 2017 the actor opened up about spending time in rehab in a statement shared on Facebook.

READ:  Explosion Hits TVS Dance Competition

Ben revealed that he had completed treatment for alcohol addiction and that it’s the “first of many steps toward a positive recovery.”

Channel24

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

African News

Egyptian Actor Amr Waked Fears Arrest Upon Return To Egypt Over Fake News

Published

on

By

Egyptian Actor Amr Waked Fears Arrest Upon Return To Egypt Over Fake News

An Egyptian actor, Amr Waked, has told German broadcaster Deutsche Welle, Egyptian Embassy in Madrid had unofficially informed him that military courts have convicted him of spreading fake news and insulting the state.

READ:  Things Fall Apart: Chinua Achebe And The Languages Of African Literature

The 45-year-old Egyptian actor, known for his roles in “Syriana,” “Lucy,” and the Netflix Series “Marco Polo,” currently lives in Europe.  He is a well-known critic of president Abdel-Fattah El-Sissi’s government.

The two sentences amount to an eight-year prison term.

READ:  Detroit Church Holds Prayer Vigil For Ailing Aretha Franklin

Waked also says an official embassy notice to him says his Egyptian passport could only be renewed if he personally returns to Egypt for the process.

A retired Egyptian intelligence official, Mohammed Rashad, says this is not the first time Amr waked has made public statement against the government of Egypt.  He said waked had been warned before.

READ:  Nigeria International, Alex Iwobi Debuts In Nollywood Film Role

Continue Reading

Entertainment News

TAMPAN Commends FG’s Response To Baba Suwe’s Medical Treatment

Published

on

By

TAMPAN Commends FG's Response To Baba Suwe's Treatment

A week ago, the story of Baba Suwe, Babatunde Omidina’s health challenges and admission to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, was told in many media outlets.

In it, national president of the Theater Arts and Motion Pictures Producers Association of Nigeria TAMPAN, Bolaji Amusan, also known as Mr. Latin, says the veteran actor is suffering from an undisclosed ailment.

READ:  Fans React To Falz’s New Video ‘Talk’

Amusan said Health Minister, Professor Isaac Adewole had announced that the federal government will foot Omidina’s medical bills.  He thanked the minister for making arrangements for LUTH to admit and treat the ailing actor.  He also commended Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for donating a million naira toward Baba Suwe’s treatment.

READ:  Soweto Gospel Choir Celebrates Grammy Win

We are telling the story again to let every Baba Suwe fan know that he is in good hands and is receiving great treatment.

Continue Reading

Entertainment News

Soweto Gospel Choir Celebrates Grammy Win

Published

on

By

Soweto Gospel Choir Celebrates Grammy Win

Multi-award winning South African Music Group, Soweto Gospel Choir, is celebrating after scooping another Grammy.  The group which started in 2002 walked away with the award for best world music album at the 61st annual Grammy awards ceremony in Los Angeles earlier this month, for their album “freedom” which was released in June last year to commemorate Nelson Mandela’s centenary birthday.

READ:  Actress Charlotte Rae, Star Of 'Facts of Life,' Dies At 92

The choir performed with American singer Beyonce at the Global Citizen Festival in South Africa last year. It has been showered with a string of awards in its 17-year history, including the Grammy awards for the best traditional world music in 2007 and 2008.

READ:  Johnny Depp And Ex-Managers Settle Lawsuit Over Finances

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: