My Declaration Was In ‘Good Faith’ – Saraki Replies YIAGA – Nigerian News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

Nigerian News

My Declaration Was In ‘Good Faith’ – Saraki Replies YIAGA

Published

on

Saraki Replies YIAGA

The President of the Senate Dr Bukola Saraki has said that his declaration to run for President at the Not Too Young To Run event was in good faith and not a ploy to take advantage of the group.

Replying to a statement by YIAGA frowning at the declaration using the Not Too Young To Run platform, Saraki said that his declaration was for him a way to encourage the young aspirants of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP).

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, Saraki however admitted that the Young Too Young To Run group were unaware of the content of his speech.

READ:  Militias Kill Policeman, 2 Others In Benue

The statement reads:

“It has been brought to our attention that YIAGA have issued a statement in relation to the announcement made by the President of the Senate, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki, whilst addressing the PDP members and aspirants of the group.

“The occasion was first in a series of Dialogues organised by the Not Too Young To Run along Party lines. The first one is for young PDP aspirants. The subsequent ones are designed for the APC and other parties.

READ:  Zimbabweans Go To Polls

“It is true that the Not Too Young To Run leadership had no prior knowledge of the content of the Senate President’s remarks. However, the announcement by the Senate President that he intends to throw his hat into the ring to contest for the Presidency was made in good faith to young PDP aspirants, partly as a symbolic act of encouragement.

READ:  Nigerian Children Recount The Challenges They Face Working In A City

“It was not the intent of the Senate President to put the group or its leadership in an invidious position. The Senate President appreciates the contribution of the group to the development of our democracy and will continue to work closely with young people across the country in order to make Nigeria a better place for all.”

Nigerian News

Group Seeks Compensation For Building Collapse Victims In Lagos, Oyo

Published

on

By

Group Seeks Compensation For Building Collapse Victims In Lagos, Oyo

Advocacy group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, has called for investigation into circumstances surrounding buildings collapse incidents in Lagos and Oyo states last week.

READ:  Nigerian Children Recount The Challenges They Face Working In A City

SERAP said the two states should take immediate steps to investigate the latest incidents and bring to justice complicit developers and contractors.

SERAP’s Deputy Director, Kolawole Oludare, says the group is ready to offer free legal services to affected families.

READ:  Customs Calls For Levy Reduction On Import Duty

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Building Collapse: Lagos Demolishes 13 Buildings

Published

on

By

Building Collapse: Lagos Demolishes 13 Buildings

Five more buildings in Lagos Island have been brought down by the Lagos state government, bringing the number of demolished buildings to thirteen.

Lagos state building control agency embarked on this demolition on Friday to prevent another disaster after Wednesday’s collapsed building incident in Ita-Faji, Lagos Island.

READ:  Kumuyi visits Buhari

Twenty persons were killed; forty-five others were injured when a four-storey building, housing a school at its top floor, collapsed. Most of the dead were children.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Rotimi Ogunleye described the exercise as a holistic response to the challenges posed by derelict structures and unapproved schools.

READ:  Nigerian Senator Dino Melaye's Community Project Vandalized

The government has taken over the site of the collapsed Massey street building.

Government officials say the ministry had identified 149 distressed and defective buildings, of which 40 have been demolished.

READ:  2019 Elections: David Mark Promises To Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy If Elected President

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

10 Killed In Attack On Kaduna Community

Published

on

By

10 Killed In Attack On Kaduna Community

Ten persons have been killed in a fresh attack in Nandu community in Kaduna State.

Chairman Sanga local government council, Charles Danladi, says the attack happened in Nandu village in which eleven houses were burnt.

READ:  Nigerian Children Recount The Challenges They Face Working In A City

This is happening at a time when the state struggles to contain repeated attacks in Kajuru local government area of the state for two months now.

READ:  2019 Elections: David Mark Promises To Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy If Elected President

Dozens of civilians have been killed there in communal violence believed to be between the Adara people and their Fulani neighbours.

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: