Saraki’s Aide Granted N250M Bail In Fraud Case – Nigerian News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

Nigerian News

Saraki’s Aide Granted N250M Bail In Fraud Case

Published

on

Saraki’s Aide Granted N250M Bail In Fraud Case
An aide to the Senate President, Gbenga Makanjuola, has been granted bail on Tuesday to the tune of N250 million by a Federal High Court in Lagos.

Justice Kuewumi granted Makanjuola the bail with two sureties in like sum. The Justice said the sureties must own landed properties and be resident in Lagos. He said the sureties must be prepared to submit their Certificate of Occupancy of the landed properties to the court’s registrar, pending the determination of the case.

READ:  NASS Will Prioritize 2019 Budget And Minimum Wage Bill - Senator Lawan

Makanjuola was charged for an alleged fraud of N3.5 billion by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on an 11-count charge bordering on the alleged offence.

The sureties were also required to present evidence of tax payment in the last three years as well as submit a letter of identification from their banks.

READ:  Plateau Killings: UN Secretary General Reacts

The Deputy Chief of Staff to the Senate President was remanded in prison custody on Wednesday, October 3, alongside Obiorah Amobi by Justice Babs Kuewumi of the Federal High Court, who were also granted bail with the same conditions.

READ:  Saraki, Ganduje Set To Clash In Osun

The judge, however, adjourned till October 9 for ruling on the bail application by the defense counsels.

Makanjuola was arraigned alongside Melrose General Services Limited and Kolawole Shittu and Obiorah Amobi. They, however, pleaded not guilty.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian News

Group Seeks Compensation For Building Collapse Victims In Lagos, Oyo

Published

on

By

Group Seeks Compensation For Building Collapse Victims In Lagos, Oyo

Advocacy group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, has called for investigation into circumstances surrounding buildings collapse incidents in Lagos and Oyo states last week.

READ:  Kwara Community Wants Late Bamigboye Immortalised

SERAP said the two states should take immediate steps to investigate the latest incidents and bring to justice complicit developers and contractors.

SERAP’s Deputy Director, Kolawole Oludare, says the group is ready to offer free legal services to affected families.

READ:  Nigeria Worries Over Ghana’s Continuous Closure Of Shops

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Building Collapse: Lagos Demolishes 13 Buildings

Published

on

By

Building Collapse: Lagos Demolishes 13 Buildings

Five more buildings in Lagos Island have been brought down by the Lagos state government, bringing the number of demolished buildings to thirteen.

Lagos state building control agency embarked on this demolition on Friday to prevent another disaster after Wednesday’s collapsed building incident in Ita-Faji, Lagos Island.

READ:  Plateau Killings: UN Secretary General Reacts

Twenty persons were killed; forty-five others were injured when a four-storey building, housing a school at its top floor, collapsed. Most of the dead were children.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Rotimi Ogunleye described the exercise as a holistic response to the challenges posed by derelict structures and unapproved schools.

READ:  Court Admits Exhibit In Alleged N6.8b Fraud Trial Of Ex-MD Of NAMA, Others

The government has taken over the site of the collapsed Massey street building.

Government officials say the ministry had identified 149 distressed and defective buildings, of which 40 have been demolished.

READ:  Nigeria Worries Over Ghana’s Continuous Closure Of Shops

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

10 Killed In Attack On Kaduna Community

Published

on

By

10 Killed In Attack On Kaduna Community

Ten persons have been killed in a fresh attack in Nandu community in Kaduna State.

Chairman Sanga local government council, Charles Danladi, says the attack happened in Nandu village in which eleven houses were burnt.

READ:  EFCC Detains University Students Over Cyber Crime

This is happening at a time when the state struggles to contain repeated attacks in Kajuru local government area of the state for two months now.

READ:  Court Admits Exhibit In Alleged N6.8b Fraud Trial Of Ex-MD Of NAMA, Others

Dozens of civilians have been killed there in communal violence believed to be between the Adara people and their Fulani neighbours.

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: