Nasarawa FA Engulf In Crisis Over Conduct Election – Sports News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

Sports News

Nasarawa FA Engulf In Crisis Over Conduct Election

Published

on

Nasarawa FA Engulf In Crisis Over Conduct Election

The Nasarawa State Football Association is engulfed in a protracted crisis over its inability to conduct elections into its board.

The crisis rocking the football association came to light when some stakeholders in the state staged a protest to express their displeasure over the inability of the fa to conduct the election into the association as directed by the Nigerian football federation.

READ:  University Of Agriculture Makurdi Wins Maiden HIFL Title

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

African News

Uganda: Government Bans Sports Betting, Stops Renewal Of License

Published

on

By

Uganda: Government Bans Sport Betting, Stops Renewal Of License

Ugandan government says it will not renew the licenses of betting companies as part of a plan to ban sports betting.

The State Minister of Finance David Bahati says, President Yoweri Museveni has given a directive to the regulating board to stop licensing sports betting, gaming and gambling companies.

READ:  AWCON 2018: Lionesses Of Cameroon Vow To Upset Falcons

Betting on English football has become big business and growing one in Uganda.

The minister said the president issued the directive because of the negative impact betting was having on young people.

READ:  Kylian Mbappe Joins Messi And Ronaldo On FIFA Men's Player Of The Year Shortlist

Bahati says from now on, no new companies are going to be licensed and no renewal of licenses for those that are already registered, when they expire. He said that church leaders, who have been against sports betting, could now rejoice because quote “their prayers have been answered” end quote.

READ:  Nevada Woman Sues Ronaldo For Alleged Sexual Assault

Continue Reading

Sports News

Australian Open: Serena Williams Defeats World No.1 Simona Halep To Reach Quarter Finals

Published

on

By

Australian Open: Serena Williams Defeats World No.1 Simona Halep To Reach Quarter Finals

Serena Williams defeated world number one, Simona Halep in a three sets encounter 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 to reach the Australian Open quarter finals.

The game which was held at Melbourne Park on Monday saw Williams, who did not play the Australian Open last year following the birth of her daughter came out victorious at the end of a game that lasted an hour and forty-seven minutes which also happens to be her first game against a world number one after her childbirth.

READ:  For Trump Supporters, Elections A Battle For His Vision Of America

“It was really intense match and some incredible points but I love playing tennis and being out here, I really needed to elevate my game, I had to play like I knew I could and that was hopefully the difference”, the 23 times Grand Slam champion Serena Williams said after the match.

READ:  Teslim Balogun Stadium Almost Ready For AFCON Qualifier - Adeyinka

She added that she never gave up and she will continue to be a fighter. “It’s definitely something that’s innate. It’s a miracle I’m here and I get to do something I enjoy. I keep fighting for every point,” she said.

READ:  Neymar Rules Out Transfer Move

Continue Reading

Sports News

Calf Injury Taints Man Utd’s Fellaini’s January Transfer

Published

on

By

Calf Injury Taints Man Utd's Fellaini's January Transfer

Marouane Fellaini has suffered a calf injury and will be out for up to four weeks thereby ruling him out of January move away from Manchester United.

Interim boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer disclosed this in a press conference ahead of Saturday’s game against Brighton that the, Fellaini “will be out for at least three or four weeks. He’s got a calf problem and that is sad.”
The 31-year-old was linked with a move to AC Milan and Porto but the injury he suffered during training means he will is staying put at Old Trafford.

READ:  NFF: Presidency Denies Involvement In Allege Prosecution Of Pinnick

The Belgian midfielder has made just one substitute appearance since the interim manager took over from Jose Mourinho.

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: