Woman Arrested For Stalking Man With 65,000 Text Messages – World News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

World News

Woman Arrested For Stalking Man With 65,000 Text Messages

Published

on

Woman Arrested For Stalking Man With 65,000 Text Messages

An American woman in the state of Arizona has been accused of stalking after she sent almost a hundred and sixty thousand texts to a man she met on a dating site.  The man had reported that she sent him sixty-five thousand texts, but Phoenix police department said it was actually twice as many.

READ:  Man Stabs Primary School Students In China

Police say some of the text messages sent by thirty-one year old Jacklyn Ades were threatening. The two had gone on one single date.

The man, whose name has not been released, called the police when he found Ades parked outside his home in July 2017. After officers escorted her away from the man’s property, she began sending threatening text messages.

READ:  British Government Facing Crisis After Brexit Minister Resigns

In April last year, Ades was arrested for trespassing inside the man’s home while he was out of the country.

Ades has pleaded not guilty to charges of stalking and criminal trespassing.  Her trial is set to begin in early February.

READ:  John McCain Dies Of Brain Cancer At 81

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

World News

Mexico: Death Toll Rises To 73 In Fuel Pipeline Explosion

Published

on

By

Mexico: Death Toll Rises To 73 In Fuel Pipeline Explosion

The number of people killed in the fuel pipeline explosion that happened on Saturday in Hidalgo, Mexico has risen to 73 while 74 others are severely injured.

Having spent an estimated $3 billion in 2017 in highly publicized war on fuel theft, Mexico’s president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador vowed on Saturday to redouble efforts in his fight against an epidemic of fuel theft that caused the explosion.

 

“We have to continue with the plan to end fuel theft,” “We will not stop. We will eradicate this.” The president said during a news conference later at the presidential palace in Mexico City.

The government’s strategy has included diverting fuel from the pipelines most heavily targeted by criminal gangs, and transporting it by truck. But the logistical changes have slowed deliveries across the country, causing shortages and long lines at service stations.

READ:  Man Stabs Primary School Students In China
Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Regional Economic Summit Lebanon Overshadowed By Divisions

Published

on

By

Regional Economic Summit Lebanon Overshadowed By Division

A Regional Economic Summit Lebanon is preparing to host this weekend has been overshadowed by divisions over Syria’s future and efforts to contain Iran.

Many heads of state now say they will stay away.

The Emirs of Qatar and Kuwait will not attend, Egypt is planning to send the prime minister rather than the president, while the Palestinian authority president has said he will be in New York.

READ:  President Trump's Former Lawyer, Michael Cohen Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

The snub seems to be a message to Iran, whose allies, including Hezbollah, hold power in Lebanon and support the Syrian government.

Iran’s allies saw the talks as an opportunity to bring Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad back into the Arab fold.  They were hoping an Arab league foreign minister-level meeting before the summit would provide a chance to hold a vote on Syria’s reinstatement to the regional body.

READ:  Man Stabs Primary School Students In China

The Arab league suspended Syria’s membership in 2011 and imposed economic sanctions over its violent crackdown on anti-government protesters before the country descended into civil war. Some countries withdrew their ambassadors.

READ:  South Korea Jails Ex-President Lee Myung-Bak

Continue Reading

World News

Colombia: 11 Killed, 65 Injured In A Car Bomb

Published

on

By

Colombia: 11 Killed, 65 Injured In A Car Bomb

Colombian officials say 11 persons were killed and 65 others were injured after a car bomb detonated in the capital Bogota.

A high-ranking police official disclosed that the explosion appeared to be the result of a suicide attack.

READ:  Man Stabs Primary School Students In China

Police said the driver rammed the vehicle into the grounds of a police academy at full speed and ignored calls to stop.  The driver is presumed to have died in the blast, but it is unclear if authorities are counting the attacker in the death toll.

READ:  South Korea Jails Ex-President Lee Myung-Bak

President Ivan Du-Kay has condemned the attack as terrorism and vowed to bring the perpetrators to justice.  He has also declared a three-day mourning period.

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: