Former AGF Bayo Ojo Admits To Court Of Collecting $10 Million – Nigerian News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

Nigerian News

Former AGF Bayo Ojo Admits To Court Of Collecting $10 Million

Published

on

Former AGF Bayo Ojo Admits To Court Of Collecting $10 Million

Nigeria’s former Minister of Justice, Bayo Ojo, has admitted to an Italian court in Milan that he had an agreement with former petroleum minister and owner of Malabu Oil, Dan Etete, to be paid $50 million for legal advice, which included finding buyers for the infamous OPL 245.

READ:  Senate Plans Procedural Vote On Kavanaugh In Bitter Confirmation Fight

Ojo told the court that he only received $10 million for the services he provided from 2009 to 2011.

Ojo made the revelation during cross-examination at the ongoing trial of former top officials of Royal Dutch Shell and Italian Agip-Eni for the payment of one billion dollars made to Etete for the lucrative but controversial oil block.  Dan Etete is a convicted felon.

READ:  FCT Authorities Confirm Earth Tremor

The ex-minister told the court that he was still hoping to collect the balance of the agreed $50 million. He said he did not intend to sue for payment of the balance.

READ:  Court Orders Arrest Of Former NIA DG Oke, Wife

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian News

INEC Includes Zamfara APC Candidates In 2019 Elections

Published

on

By

INEC Includes Zamfara APC Candidate To Participate In 2019 Elections

Independent National Electoral Commission has included All Progressives Congress candidates in the governorship, National and State Assembly elections. The commission says their inclusion is in compliance with court order.

READ:  Atiku Lauds Parties Alliance

As seen on INEC official Twitter handle:

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Kaduna CP Faults El-Rufai’s Figures On Adara Killings

Published

on

By

Kaduna CP Faults El-Rufai's Figures On Adara Killings

Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Abdulrahman Ahmad, has faulted figures given by Governor Nasir El-Rufai on the number of people killed in the crisis in Adara, Kajuru local government area of the state.

READ:  Court Restrains EFCC From Arresting Contractors And Service Providers To Rivers State Government

Ahmad says the governor pre-empted police investigations.

Governor El-Rufai had said earlier that 66 Fulani were killed in the local government. Later, he jacked up the figure to 130.

READ:  Aigbogun Submits Final List Of Players For U-20 AFCON

Ahmad says investigations were still ongoing and it would be inappropriate to provide any figures at this time.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Ogun PDP Crisis Deepens As Party Suspends Abati, Sowunmi, Others

Published

on

By

Ogun PDP Crisis Deepens As Party Suspends Abati, Sowunmi, Others

The crisis rocking the People’s Democratic Party in Ogun State worsened on Thursday as a faction loyal to a member of the House of Representatives, Oladipupo Adebutu, suspended, for anti-party activities, a deputy governorship candidate, Reuben Abati; spokesperson of the Atiku Abubakar campaign organisation, Segun Sowunmi; and 37 candidates of the party loyal to Kashamu.

READ:  Zimbabwe Court Rules Against Internet Shutdown

The faction led by Sikirulai Ogundele says the suspension is at the instance of the ward and local executive committees which noted that affected members failed to appear before them and also did not respond to queries served on them.

READ:  Court Orders WAEC To Produce Adeleke's Results

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: