North Korea Threatens To Suspend Denuclearization Talks With US – World News – African News Network | Latest African News | Nigerian News | Breaking News
Connect with us

World News

North Korea Threatens To Suspend Denuclearization Talks With US

Published

on

North Korea Threatens To Suspend Denuclearization Talks With US

North Korea is considering suspension of denuclearization talks with the United States. North Korea’s Deputy Foreign Minister, Choe Son Hui, told reporters North Korea has no intention to yield to US demands in any form, nor is it willing to engage in negotiations of any kind.

READ:  US To Withdraw Half Of Its Troops From Afghan By April - Taliban Official

Choe said the north was deeply disappointed by the failure of the two sides to reach any agreements at last month’s summit between Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi.

READ:  Brazil Dam Collapse: 90 Confirmed Dead, As Families Dig To Find Loved Ones

She blamed the breakdown of talks on the US side, saying the American delegation was being too demanding and inflexible.

The United States has not yet responded to Choe’s comments.

READ:  DR Congo Opposition Supporters Killed In Clash With Police

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

World News

New Zealand To Confront Erdogan Over Christchurch Mosque Attack Comment

Published

on

By

New Zealand To Confront Erdogan Over Christchurch Mosque Shootings Comment

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has on Wednesday said that Foreign Minister Winston Peters would travel to Turkey to “confront” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on comments made concerning the Christchurch mosque shootings and over his decision to use footage of the Christchurch terrorist attack at his election rallies.

READ:  U.S. Flies Bombers Over South China Sea Amid Heightened Tensions With Beijing

In the wake of the twin attacks, which saw 50 killed and dozens injured, Erdogan said Turkey would make the suspected attacker “pay for it” if New Zealand should do nothing about it.

READ:  The World At Risk Of Heading Toward Irreversible 'Hothouse' State - Scientists

The first burials of victims from the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand were held on Wednesday, five days after fifty persons were gunned down at two mosques in the city.

The bodies of 30 victims had been approved for release to be reunited with their families, Ardern said.

READ:  Donald Trump Arrives UK

Burials for the victims began on Wednesday morning amid aggravation over the delay, as under Islam bodies are usually buried within 24 hours.

Continue Reading

World News

Britain’s Theresa May Writes EU To Delay Brexit Till June

Published

on

By

Britain's Theresa May Writes EU To Delay Brexit Till June

British Prime Minister, Theresa May, has beaten the Thursday deadline for requesting a Brexit extension from the European Union.  She requested an extension till June.  The request for extension is necessary because the country will not be ready to leave by the original divorce date of March the 29th.   In fact, the country is now much further away from being ready.

READ:  Brazil Dam Collapse: 90 Confirmed Dead, As Families Dig To Find Loved Ones

Speaker of the House, John Bercow, has ruled that Prime Minister may cannot present her deal for another vote unless there is a significant change in it.  That ruling has brought a Brexit that was teetering and limping to a standstill.

READ:  At Least 15 Killed In Armed Clashes In DRC

At the moment, British law says its membership of the EU will end on March the 29th regardless of whether there is a deal in place.

All eyes will be on a pivotal summit of the European council on Thursday during which European leaders could discuss may’s extension request.  The EU may decide to grant the extension till June, or it could propose years.

READ:  Venezuela’s Maduro Closes Border With Brazil

Continue Reading

World News

New Zealand: Families Bury Victims From Christchurch Attack

Published

on

By

New Zealand: Families Bury Victims From Christchurch Attack

The first burials of victims from the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand were held on Wednesday, five days after fifty persons were gunned down at two mosques in the city.

READ:  What You Should Know About Pope Francis' Historic Visit To Arabian Peninsula

Thirteen bodies were released by Wednesday afternoon.  Police authorities say most of the rest of the corpses will be released by the evening.

Prime Minister, Jacinda Adern, says she “shared the frustration” of the families who had not been able to bury their loved ones.

READ:  Indonesian Leader Says All Quake Victims Must Be Found As Toll Rises Above 1,200

Eight victims remain in critical condition in intensive care.  Twenty-nine persons overall are still in Christchurch hospital receiving treatment for injuries sustained during the mass shootings.

READ:  Congolese Mukwege, Iraq's Murad Win 2018 Nobel Peace Prize

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe to ANN News Alert

Be the first to receive the latest news from Africa and around the world.

%d bloggers like this: